Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring atcs

I've been working on some Pick-a-theme atcs for a swap over on Splitcoast. I love PAT swaps because they challenge me to create in colour palettes or themes that I wouldn't necessarily come up with myself. Anyway, the first theme was the colour red so I immediately thought of poppies, a personal fave. I used a My Grafico digi stamp which I coloured with my prisma pencils. I matted  the image piece on black and then on red cardstock dry embossed with the CB swiss dots folder. A little bling, a word stamp from Crafty Secrets and I called it done.
The second atc was created for the theme: purple. I used a Sassy Cheryl's digi stamp which I coloured with Prisma pencils and a few watercolour pencils. I punched holes in the buttons and threaded embroidery floss through the button holes. I added a doodled checkerboard border and three real buttons to the corner. I popped the image part up on foam tape and placed it over a purple striped background paper. I love the whimsy of this atc. I hope my swap-mates like these cards too.
Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

No comments: