Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nesting Dolls atc




One of the swaps I'm working on right now is a PAT swap at Split Coast Stampers. PAT means pick a theme so each person in the group chooses a theme for the rest of the group to use for her atc. If I chose, for example, Butterflies, then the other four in my group make me a butterfly themed atc. My friend, Paulette, chose Russian Nesting Dolls as her theme in one group. I was so excited because I've been wanting to colour this nesting doll image from CS Designs.



I printed the image in 5 different sizes. That is one of the big advantages of digital images. I used my Prismacolor pencils with OMS to blend the brightest colours I could find. I love how vivid the colours are on most nesting dolls I've seen. I scored a length of black cardstock so that I had five different sections and then fussy cut and glued each doll to a panel. On the internet, I found the Russian words for the numbers one to five, printed them, and mounted each word to blue cardstock. These were adhered to the corner of each panel with a white number sticker giving the translation. The only other addition was the title of the atc, Russian Nesting Dolls. The entire black folded section was mounted on a white backing with inked edges. A tiny paperclip holds it closed.



I kept this atc very plain in order to let the nesting dolls be the stars. The black is a great contrast to the bright colours in the dolls and is repeated in one section of  their outfits. So cute! This one's for you, Paulette. Hope you like your little dolls :)



Thanks for visiting. Come again soon, OK?
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

I more than like it, I absolutely love it. The bright colors against the black is perfect. The Russian words are a wonderful addition.