Sunday, June 09, 2013
My Heart Bee-longs to You ~ Eclectic Ellapu challenge
It's the Purple Team's turn to respond to the challenge at Eclectic Ellapu and I get to host this week...so much fun. In honour of myself (just kidding!), I chose the theme B is for... I'd like to see at least three things on your project that start with the letter B. They can be in the image(s), the embellies, or the colours. For my project, B is for block of wood, bees, buttons, border, and baker's twine. Yes, I got carried away but it's my party and I'll B if I want to...LOL.
I started with a block of wood that is about 5.75 x 6.25" by 1.5" thick. I painted Fresco Finish paints (Haystack, Zesty Zing, Pumpkin Soup) wet on wet to create a streaky background with variation in colour. Once that was dry, Studio 490 Black Embossing paste was messily scraped across TCW's Reverse chickenwire stencil and allowed to dry. White gesso was pounced over TCW's Mini Punchinella stencil using the hexagonal section.A leftover die cut border remnant that was sitting on my desk was added to the bottom edge of the block. One of the lids in my stash was dipped into watered down white gesso to create the overlapping white rings.
The images are from QKR Stampede. Their quirky designs are delightful and make me smile every time. I coloured both the queen bee and her handsome friend with Prismacolor pencils. The black stripes were coated with Versamarker pen and then sprinkled with black embossing powder before being heat set. The queen's lovely crown was coated with the Versamarker pen and then embossed in gold before black and white half pearls were added to it. Both bees had Icicle Stickles added to their wings before they were fussy cut and adhered to the background. Glossy Accents were added to their eyes. His antennae were redrawn with black Micron pen and more flat pearls were added. Shading was done around the bodies with brown watercolour and a waterbrush. Mr. Bee had this wonderful flight trail on the image which, of course, was cut off so I decided to add baker's twine to replicate it and add another B element.
Two black and white dotted buttons were threaded with narrow satin ribbon and adhered to the top right corner of the block. Three pieces of black and white washi tape were added, two to the front and one on the side. Doodling was done with a Micron pen. The sentiment is a digi from bird's cards which was printed, coloured with Prisma pencils, fussy cut,and matted in black before being popped up on foam and adhered to the block.
That's it for my B is for...project. Pop by the Eclectic Ellapu blog to see what the rest of the Purple Team has created for this fun challenge. They really outdid themselves...knocked it out of the park on this one! Thanks for checking out my blog today. I'm always happy to have your wonderful company. And now, I think these two want to be alone so I'm going to make myself scarce...at least for a Bit!
I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar Challenge (June) ~ Things With Wings
Crafty Friends Challenge #2 ~ Bingo Die Cut border, yellow, Buttons
Digi Haven Challenge(June 7) ~ Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #210 ~ Anything But a Card
Life is good; so is art.