Friday, January 15, 2016

The East Wind Challenge #47 ~ Black, White & One Other Colour


Hi everyone. Today marks the beginning of a new challenge at The East Wind blog. Our theme this time is Use Black, White & one other colour. I chose red for the extra because I love the high contrast of those three. For this mixed media project, I chose to feature Lucy Loo Chinese Dancer which, surprisingly, I haven't coloured before.


 I coloured Lucy Loo with a combination of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. I did cheat on the eye colour because I was pretty sure that red eyes wouldn't have been too flattering. I added Clear Wink of Stella to her tiara. She was then fussy cut leaving a narrow white border.


The background began as a plain black piece of designer paper which had a white line border and  a stylized flower in the corner. White embossing paste was scraped through TCW's Harlequin stencil and Dylusions White paint was pounced through the Tiny Circles stencil. More Dylusions white paint was stamped to make the two sizes of white rings. To add a little text, stamping was done with Versamark and then white embossing powder was added and heat set.


In order to tie the red in the image to the background, two lengths of red ribbon were wrapped to the back and adhered. A text printed chipboard butterfly was added over top and a tiny key, coloured black with a Big Brush Pen, was adhered as the body. The word strength, an Idea-ology Big Chat sticker, was placed to the right of Lucy Loo. To finish, the page was double matted with red and then black cardstock.

Thanks for joining Lucy Loo and me today. We are happy to have you visit. To see the other fabulous makes by my DT teamies, be sure to pop by The East Wind Challenge blog. We would love to see what you do with the Black, White & one more colour challenge theme.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

~ginny said...

Wowza Bonnie! That red is exactly what that image calls for! Beautifully done and pops!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Sari / Granne said...

This is strikingly fabulous. I find it hard to get white on black and you have done is so perfeckly. Loving your colouring too - makes me want to try too, :=)