Thursday, January 18, 2018

My rememberer - Inspired by a Vera Lane image


Hi everyone! I made some time to colour one of the fabulous Vera Lane Studio images (had to buy a few last week) and then I had a play with a mixed media background to complete a journal page. The image is from the set called  New Day and I think she's as cute as a button!


I coloured Charlee with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils using colours to coordinate with the start of a background I had made in a gel printing session using Liquitex Basics Brilliant Yellow Green, Cerulean Blue Hue, and Bright Aqua Green Acrylic Paint. I fussy cut Charlee leaving a narrow white border, matted her with black cardstock, and fussy cut her again leaving a narrow black border. I generally do that because I love the way it makes her pop against the background. Foam tape was applied to the back of her and a tiny bow made from red embroidery floss was adhered to her raised finger to remind her of something. Too bad she can't remember what...LOL.


The 6 x 8 inch mixed media paper already had a white border left from the printing process. To add more texture and detail, I randomly stamped a VLV number stamp and a Crafty Individuals text stamp using Manganese Blue Archival Ink. Then I used Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp an Ellen Hutson Bokeh stamp (the dots) and a Finnabair lines stamp to add some lovely contrast. Then, for a little dimension, Texture Paste was scraped through stars from the Joggles Punchinella Quintet stencil.


The sentiment was printed onto white cardstock, cut into individual words, and matted with black. Foam tape was used to adhere them to the background. Two narrow pieces of washi tape were placed below Charlee to give her a place to stand and ground her. A red threaded button chosen to repeat the red from her mouth and her finger string was adhered to the washi end. Strips of  drywall mesh were added in three clusters once Charlee was adhered in place and to finish off the page, a border was doodled with black pen. Like many of my art journal pages, a black mat was adhered to the page both to add strength, and to serve as a frame.

Thanks for joining Charlee and me today. We're so happy you did! be sure to stop by the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop to see the rest of Charlee's set and all of the other fabulous images waiting to inspire you. I have a few more in the works...so fun!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: