Thursday, February 06, 2020

Junk Journal Collage Tags


Hi everyone! I found a bunch of kraft cardstock tags when I was sorting through a bin and decided they would be great for collage style tags. It's always good to try to use up those scraps of papers and other bits and bobs before they take over the room :) Besides, this is one of my favourite ways to play.


I also had some translucent stickers I had purchased some time ago from Papergame and, although I had used some, I still had many that are too beautiful to hide away in a bin. I thought they would make awesome focals on these collaged tags...and I was right.

I also found an American Crafts Knockout punch which I haven't used in years. It punches 5 tiny stars in a row so I used it on the tops and sides of vintage book paper. Then I backed the star area with a scrap of black and inked the front edges. I think it might be my new favourite embellie. While I was punching, I used it on another scrap of black and adhered the punched out stars to the heart and two corners of the one tag. The stars are 3/8 inch at the widest...so cute.


Some of the tags have fussy cut butterflies. I have a little bin of these already pre-cut so all I do is ink the edges with black Big Brush pen. I inked many of the collage paper edges as well as the outside edges of the tag with Coffee Archival Ink.


I finished each with a faux stitched border and outlining of the individual papers because I like that look. It highlights all of the different papers and layers. A little string topper for each and I called them done. I will likely add a word to a few like the one above when I decide where they are going and can choose a word that fits.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate that kindness. I'll be back in a few days with another set of smaller tags. I think I could make tags all day every day...LOL. Somebody stop me..ha!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: