Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Uniquely Me - inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Because I love the new release by Vera Lane Studio called Cat and Canary so much that I created two projects for today. I did the art journal page posted earlier using the standing cat and the canary but I couldn't resist the sitting cat. I made an artist trading card  so she could have her own stage. I coloured Cat to look like a calico cat using Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. I love her flower eye...so cute! She was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black, and fussy cut a second time leaving a narrow black border.


The background was cut at 2.5 x 3.5 inches from a previously created gel printed paper where I had used acrylic paint. Circles were added with a black pen and a circle template. The grid stamping was done with Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink and a VLV stamp. A VLV number stamp was also applied to the background using Jet Black Archival. To pull the pink from her flower and nose, a length of dotty fabric washi was adhered along the bottom edge, grounding her. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the card before Cat was added popped up on foam tape.

Thanks so much for visiting today. You can check out the Cat and Canary image as well as all of the other wonderful images at the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop. We would also love if you popped by the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group where we have a fun Kindness Postcard challenge going on for the month of April. Hope to see you there!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: