Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Live in the Moment

I followed the prompt that Junelle gave us for the first piece in week two of The Art of Wild Abandonment. I had to change it up and add my own spin, of course. This journal page was all about a memory of a very special ram we had when we lived on the farm. It's also a reminder to stay present and enjoy the moment. She is enjoying fine company, lovely spring tulips and the opportunity to fly a kite on a beautiful spring day. I used distress inks and Neocolor IIs for the background and shading. The ram is built up with molding paste which I distressed once dry. Lots of layers and textures, as well as a variety of paper scraps, made this piece fun to make. I'm feeling more comfortable making the sketchy linework and doodles. Yay!
Thanks for taking a peek.
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

Love your whimsical ram and the texture.