Sunday, February 03, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu....Clearly



It's time for the Purple Team to show their stuff at Eclectic Ellapu this week. The challenge set by my wonderful teamie, Madeleen, is Special Wedding Anniversary. This greatly confused my husband who reminded me that I had told him every anniversary was special...LOL. For the challenge, we're talking milestone anniversaries like 1st, 10th. 25th,...you get the idea.



I decided to make a hanging plaque for the challenge this week. I must admit I was a bit stumped on the direction that I wanted to go until I came across this hilarious photo on Etsy by MaxAndTheAnimals. I am not really the lovey-dovey hearts and flowers type often associated with anniversaries. I'm much more of a tongue in cheek, see the humour, love-you-lots type :) This sharpei anthromorph couple just crack me up and the sentiment sprang to mind instantly.




The top section is a chipboard page from a mini album made by want2scrap. The bottom section was made from a chipboard frame from Maya Road which I backed with a smaller piece of  plain chipboard. Both were covered with Tim Holtz kraft resist paper inked with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress inks. The photo of the lovely couple was printed on white cardstock, trimmed so that the third "person" was removed (I'm thinking she's the MIL) and then distressed and inked around the edges. Black cardstock was embossed with a TH embossing folder and three circles were punched to form the scallops on the right side of the image. Foam dots were placed on the back to add dimension and a ribbon tab was added to the top of the image before adhering it to the background.




The letters are a mix of stickers, Thickers, chipboard letters, and Tim Holtz alpha parts. A length of Graphics 45 lace was stapled under the photo before a metal flower from the jewellery aisle was adhered over top. A winged heart brad and a love philosophy tag were also added to the mix.




The bottom frame was painted with black gesso and stamped with my well used Inkadinkado script stamp using light beige ink. The wording was done with a Dymo labeller and the bingo game piece is from Idea-ology. Ball chain was used to hang the plaque and join the two sections together. The holes already existed in the top section because it was a mini album page but couldn't be punched in the bottom because of the way the chipboard overlapped only half of the width of the frame. Instead it was glued to the back. A short length of ribbon was wrapped around the upper chain and stapled in place. This repeated the ribbon tab, the staples used to adhere the lace, and it added some interest to the ball chain hanger.


I was happy with the way this turned out and thoroughly enjoyed the creative process. Be sure to pop over to the Eclectic Ellapu blog to see the diverse and wonderful creations made by the rest of the Purple Team. I hope you feel inspired to join in our challenge. I'd love to drop by and see what you create. Thanks for visiting today.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Raise the Bar Challenge 129 ~ Animal Attraction
Crafty Calendar Challenges (February) ~ Love and Marriage
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #168 ~ Anything But a square

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

9 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Great page. Love the layout. Great choice of colours. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

ParkNSlide said...

Loving your sense of humor. That red bingo piece makes a bold statement of what's being celebrated. Love the comical couple and the winged heart nicely complements your composition.

Paper Profusion said...

Thanks for making me smile - what a fun image! Brilliant crafting and techniques on plaque. Have a lovely weeek. Nicola x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I love this Bonnie! Fabulous neutrals, with that bingo piece zinging away - delicious image too!
Alison x

Tammy said...

OMGosh what a fun image Bonnie! I love the colors and your fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Redanne said...

Oh Bonnie, this did give me a giggle! I love that couple and they do say that people eventually end up looking like their pets! Love the bingo piece, it really stands out.... Hugs, Anne x

Tracy said...

Stopping by to say hi Bonnie and admire your work...beautiful and love the image ,lol!!
Looking forward to creating alongside you on eclectic Paperie dteam .
Hugs
Tracy xox

~*Joni said...

What a sweetie couple! This is such a neat project. Thank you for playing along in our Animal challenge this week at Raise The Bar! ~*Joni RTB DT

Patricia said...

Oh Bonnie, this is the coolest project. I just love it. Great job!