Monday, August 12, 2013

Don't Get Your Twine in a Tangle


That's the theme for this week's challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. It's such a fun title..it makes me laugh, like "Don't get your knickers in a knot" does. Anyway, we want to see you using that twinestring on your project and the more innovative way(s) the better. We are sponsored this week by Sweet Stamps but were free to choose an image from any source we wanted so, of course, I chose Mo Manning. I am smitten with her little fairies (OK, with everything she designs) and was excited to be able to play with Baby Fairy Butterfly. I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, cutting out the image with a rounded square die. The edges were inked with Forest Moss Distress ink using an applicator tool to keep it soft and blended. Twine was rolled into coils and mounted onto foam dots. The dots were placed at the ends of her antennae and the loose twine was adhered to the antennae lines on Mo's drawing. Large flat pearls were placed over the coils to emphasize the ends.


The background was constructed from a mix of papers on top of a white card base. The green paper with the glossy raised dots is from DCWV's Collage Musings stack. The gold checked and plain papers are from MME's Lost & Found Sunshine stack,. All layers, including the image, were matted with black cardstock for contrast and to emphasize the various shapes and overlapping. To embellish the card, three tiny black buttons were threaded with white and adhered to the straight end of the flag. A larger black button was threaded with the baker's twine and backed with a black fabric flower and a white mulberry flower. A short piece of scalloped border left from another project was added to the top right corner for balance and to complete the visual triangle, helping the eye move around the card.

Thank you so much for popping by and for all of your get well wishes...I do believe they are beginning to work. I'm starting to feel a little better each day and my mojo, which totally deserted me and did a walk-about, has sent me a postcard saying it will be back soon. One can only hope :) If you get a minute, pop by the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see what my talented teamies have created for the "Don't Get Your Twine in a Tangle" challenge. Their creativity inspires me. Maybe it'll do the same for you and you'll want to play along.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #32 Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time ~ #176 Use a Digi
The Squirrel and The Fox ~ #50 Whimsical
A Gem of A Challenge ~ #92 Summer
Delicious Doodles ~ #48 Butterflies

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

17 comments:

Planetsusie said...

This is totally brilliant Bonnie - I too am a Mo Manning fan and this image is the cutest ever! I love love love your choice of papers and colours - just great!

Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT Challenge this time, I do hope we see you again very soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

ParkNSlide said...

Very clever use of bakers twine. Glad you're feeling better.

Ingrid Mason said...

The fun you had making this card shows in the final result. A really fun card with a gorgeous digi. I love all the twine too. Good luck in our challenge. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team )

Redanne said...

Firstly, it is good to hear that you are feeling a little better. I think Mr Mojo sneaked in the back door when you were not looking as this card is fabulous. Your colouring, as ever, is amazing and I just love that sweet image too. Take care! Hugs, Anne x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The twine is the perfect touch to this sweet image. Your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch176 Use a digi.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

crafty-stamper said...

love the mo's digital image beautifully coloured love the wings love the papers and layout-thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT x

Sandy said...

Your image is so sweet and so cute and your sentiment made me laugh. Glad you are feeling better and I think it is good to take a rest now and the from the Mojo fairy!
Sandy

Wendy Fraser said...

Aww, so adorable, such a sweet image and I love the twine antennae! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

Tracy said...

Now that's a fun way to use twine. :-) Was thinking about you today. They had packages of ATC blanks marked down at WallyWorld and I picked up a few. Super fun card Bonnie. I'm pretty smitten with Mo's fairies too. Hugs!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card, and a wonderful cute image, love the strong colours you have used also, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - the colours are so intense on the image - beautiful!
Alison x

~ginny said...

Mercy! I do love your colors! And as always your layout is commanding.
~ginny

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and beautiful colours.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Choccy said...

Such a super cute card.. Love the colours you chose to use. They really work well.
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'use a digi' challenge. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.
Hugs
Choccy x

Michelle said...

Lovely this cute immage. Great way of using your twine. I will keep it in mind for my own cards.
xxx Michelle

Sandy said...

So cute a gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at 613 Avenue Create this week
Hugs,
Sandy

Chriss America Real said...

Oh I wish you could see me! I am just having fits over how adorable this card is! Super duper cute! I love how you used the twine for antenna!

Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angel Design Team at One Stitch At A Time! Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs,
Chriss - DT - OSAAT
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com