Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Pals ~ RSD tag


It's day 23 of the 31 days of Halloween organized by Smeared and Smudged and my turn to post on Rick St. Dennis' Airless Chambers blog.


I chose to create a tag for my Day 28 project featuring the RSD image Halloween Pals which can be found in Rick's Zibbet and Etsy shops. This madcap crew makes me smile big time! They look like they are having such fun. I coloured them with Prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut the image with a narrow white border to help it stand out against the background. It was then popped up on foam tape for a little dimension and shadow.


The background began as a black #8 tag which I matted in shimmery orange cardstock after adding washi tape to the bottom edge. The hole at the top was covered by a star sticker and black grosgrain ribbon with white stitching was added to the back as a topper.


The sentiment was computer generated. It seemed appropriate since I really do drive a stick shift and am always amused by people's reactions. The other sentiment I almost went with was "Dance Like No One is Witching". The edges of the sentiment were inked with Dried Marigold Distress ink to grunge it up a little and continue the orange throughout the tag. The little bat is holographic so it changes colour as the light shifts and adds a fun bit of shine to the piece.

Thanks for visiting the Halloween Pals and me today. We appreciate your fine company.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: