Tuesday, January 14, 2020

No worries ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio images


Hi everyone! I read the saying I used for this art journal page the other day and immediately thought of using one of the Peekaboo images from Vera Lane Studio. I combined her with one of the Bird Houses images as well as a little flower from The Gardener set which I used to balance the design. She looks like she just peeked around the corner to remind us that everything is figure-outable and we needn't worry...like our own little cheerleader reassuring us.


I coloured all three images with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, fussy cutting them and  leaving a narrow white border. They were then matted with black cardstock and fussy cut leaving a black border. That's something I do most times because then I know they will stand out from the background no matter how wild and crazy I go.


The 6x6 watercolour background paper was colourized with two Distress Oxide Inks, Mowed Lawn and Squeezed Lemonade, blended and layered until I was happy. Mowed Lawn Distress Ink was also applied through TCW Plaid Fringe stencil. Additional patterning was added with Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink and a Paper Artsy circle stamp (ETS01), a Studio Light grid stamp, as well as a Crafty Individuals script stamp. As usual, I had to add a pop of black using Jet Black Archival on a border stamp by Inkylicious.


To ground Peekaboo and the bird house, two strips of washi tape were added to white cardstock and layered near the bottom of the page. The white behind the washi helps the pattern show much better because the white shows through the translucent areas. A wiggly border was doodled with black pen and the wording was printed onto white cardstock, matted with black.

Thanks for joining Peekaboo and me today. We are delighted that you did. When you get a chance, be sure to pop by the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop as well as the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group, both great places to hang out and be inspired.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: