Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Peonies for you


Here's a pretty little multi-occasion card I created using Stamp N Plus' peony basket stamp. I coloured it with my Prismacolors and fussy cut around it. Where it was too fussy to fussy cut (LOL), I simply chose another green colour to fill in the white space. Both the basket and the peonies allowed me to do lots of shading which I enjoy.

I used a template to trace the label shape from the pink dotted paper, cut it out, and distressed the edges with ink. A tiny doily was sandwiched between the peonies and the pink paper to bring attention and contrast to the focal image. Faux stitching and flat backed pearls were added for that extra detail that makes me smile.

 I rounded the corners of the two background layers and once again inked the pink edges. I really like the message behind this sentiment which was computer-generated and cut out using my favourite template. A little more inking of the edges, some gluing, and I called it a card!

I'm really glad that you came to visit. Thanks.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment: