Thursday, November 15, 2012

Be Free

I made this fun atc the other day and thought I'd share it with you. I absolutely love these sayings and think they are a lovely reminder to have the courage to embrace joy and stop worrying about what others think or say. That's a great reminder about art, too. It's wonderful when other people like your art and "get" it but art needs to please the person creating it and satisfy him or her ... the rest is just bonus. Maybe I could have included "Make art like no one will judge it". OK, enough philosophy for one day :)



I started with a plain white cardstock background which I inked with Tumbled Glass and Broken China DI. I inked a little extra over a Crafters' Workshop stencil to get the chicken wire pattern and then doodled a black border with a Micron pen.

The two inchies were covered with scraps of music patterned wrapping paper. The two CS Designs images, Pirouette and Arabesque, were coloured with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut (yikes!!). They were adhered to each inchie with a musical brad for company :) The sentiments were computer generated, torn around, and inked with Black Soot before they were adhered beside the inchies which had been popped up on foam tape.

To finish off the atc, a blingy flourish, punched and stacked flowers with pearl centers, and leaves hand cut from DI text paper were added. A little Stormy Sky Distress ink was sponged around the edges of the atc to frame it.

Thanks for dropping by to have a peek at my latest play results. I really appreciate you taking the time to look and to leave such wonderful comments.

I'm going to enter this atc in the ATCs With Attitude Challenge 26 which is Anything Goes  with a sentiment.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

4 comments:

Tracy said...

LOL I like you "make art" sentiment suggestions. :-) You've really packed a lot of fun stuff on this little canvas Bonnie. Fun piece of art and one I'd "non-judge" as fabulous! :-) Hugs!

ParkNSlide said...

Wonderful theme. It's amazing how much art fits on an ATC. Love how you did the background.

Words and Pictures said...

I agree with adding another clause to that quote (one of my favourites!)... and I love your ATC!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So cute! Love the music notes! A lot of cuteness on these!