Friday, November 02, 2012

Parachute


This is another atc that came from my play time yesterday. I love this saying so decided to make a visual reminder to hang in my craft room. I stamped and embossed a script stamp using white embossing powder on white cardstock. Then Broken China Distress ink was applied over the top and buffed off the lettering. A crosshatch stamp was layered over that randomly and imperfectly for added texture.

I found a very old parachute image on the internet and thought it was cool because it reminded me of the TH stamps that label parts. I wanted it to appear old so I printed it on a blank front page from an old recycled book. The aged paper had yellowed and gone soft...hope you know what I mean. Once printed, the image was lightly coloured with Prismacolor pencils, fussy cut and Vintage Photo DI was applied. Stickles were dotted on where the strings joined the parachute.

The sentiment was computer generated and the edges were inked. The only other embellies added were the sequin stars and tiny black half pearls in the center of them. To frame up the atc and give the outside some weight, Walnut Stain Distress ink was applied before rubbing the edges with Versamark and embossing them with copper embossing powder from Stamp N Plus.

I was happy with this little piece of art. I think I captured the vintage look I was after so "Go me!" It doesn't always happen that way :) Thanks for visiting today.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

5 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Great quote and pic to illustrate it. Loved what you did with the embossed edges.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this... such a fantastic focal image, and lovely cross-hatching for texture. Brilliant sentiment!
Alison x

Micki said...

Oh this is awesome. Not only do I love the quote, I love the blue with the brown color theme. Vintage. Love it. Thanks for your comment and you nailed it for me when you said that mixed media is so "freeing". That is exactly what it is. :-)

Tracy said...

So many fun elements on this ATC Bonnie. Love the lettering and how you printed the parachute on the old book paper. Inventive and imaginative. :-)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It is totally like his blueprint stamps...love this!!! And it's so perfect for this atc! COOL!