Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm in the Moo'd to art


One of the swaps I'm in at Splitcoast is called Moo'd To Art and is being hosted by the wonderful Joyce. We are making Moos which are 1 1/8 x 2 3/4" pieces of art. The idea of these Moos is to come up with a collectiuon of suggestions to use when we are stumped for an idea to use on a project. All of the Moos will be attached to a ring for a quick and pretty reference tool. Fun idea and practical, too.

I have made two sets of Moos for this swap. The first one is to add a stencil. The background was done with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks blended on white cardstock. The TCW reverse chicken wire stencil was applied using Broken China and then Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste was applied over the TCW Mini Harlequin stencil. The small branch was cut with a die, the flowers with a punch. Half pearls were adhered to the flower centers. Brown and white baker's twine was wrapped around the bottom and a threaded white button was glued at the intersection. The little wooden Recollections bird was sprayed with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink spray ink, shaded with Prisma pencils and given a black half pearl eye.

The back features a Tiddly Inks stamp called For the Birds with Moo handwritten on his paper. The words were computer generated and adhered at wonky angles. The flower is cut with the same punch and again has a pearl center. The doodling and my name/date were written by hand. The second set's back is similar but uses a different bird from the set and the Moo is done on the computer.


The front of the second set features the suggestion to do Tone on Tone stamping. The background was done with Shabby Shutters and peeled Paint Distress inks blended on white cardstock. The texture stamp is a Penny Black set called Warm Wishes and was stamped using Peeled Paint which also darkened the edges of the Moo. The stamp is another Tiddly Inks stamp called Flower Girl. She was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut. The piece she is standing on is part of a rub-on and a threaded button marks the inner edge. The top of the Moo has a scalloped piece and a narrow length of lace attached which I really hope won't interfere with the holes punched for the ring. (Oops!)

Anyway, those are my two little Moos for the swap. I can't wait to see what the others have created...such a fun idea. Thanks for visiting today. I hope your weekend is going well.

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Bonnie, how cute are these little Moos. I have not seen or heard of these but love the idea of using them for inspiration. The little bird and branch are adorable and Flower Girl is so, so sweet. Love these. Hugs, Anne x

ParkNSlide said...

So cute---I really like the cohesive theme you have going on the backs. The chicks are so cute and I love how you added your signature. Hope I get one of yours.

Words and Pictures said...

They're so cool, Bonnie! I keep on meaning to try out MOOing - some of my favourite crafters do it (have you come across Froebelsternchen Susi?)... Love these with the quirky images and fun, bright colours!
Have a great Sunday.
Alison x

Tracy said...

Cool! I've never heard of Moos but I can sure use the reference since my memory is going south. LOL They're both wonderful technique ideas Bonnie. Hugs!