Monday, March 25, 2013

Whooo Loves Ya? (CYP)


Another Monday...another fun challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. This week, our theme is Make It Cute. I can't wait to see what you come up with when you play along. I used this sweet little owl guy from 2 Cute Ink called Owl You Need is Love. He looks so huggable. I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils and cut him out with a Spellbinders Jar Labels die. Vintage Photo Distress ink and faux stitching were used to emphasize the shape.


The background was cut from DCWV's Safari stack and matted with hot pink cardstock. Sheer ribbon was wrapped around the brown layer before adhering it to the matting. Another length was cut and knotted before being adhered onto the right side of the ribbon band. Two sizes of hearts were traced from a stencil onto red cardstock, fussy cut, and inked around with Walnut Stain Distress ink. White highlights were created with a white Pentel paint pen. These hearts were adhered on top of or below the image layer before it was popped up on foam dots.

To complete the card, the sentiment was computer generated, cut out, and inked around with Vintage Photo DI. A wonky heart button was threaded with pink floss and adhered to the knot of the tied ribbon. I think this card follows the cute theme. Mind you, Mr. Owl gave me a massive head start in that department! Be sure to check out the Craft Your Passion Challenge blog to see the major "cute-ness" achieved by the rest of the DT. Come and join us by linking up your own creations. I hope we have a total Cute-fest. Thanks for your visit. You make me smile when you do that :)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #12 Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time ~ #156 Use a Digi
Drunken Stampers Challenge ~ #120 The Birds

Life is good; so is art.
 Bonnie

16 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Whoo loves ya? I do! I love the whimsy and the fun and the detail you put into your art. This is cuteness to the max.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh that image is just adorable!!
Thanks for playing along with us for "The Birds" challenge this week at Drunken Stampers!

Josephine said...

Aw, this is so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Paper Profusion said...

Ahh - so sweet Bonnie. Nicola x

~ginny said...

I really like the larger hearts you added all around - that makes that scene in my book! Nice shading and details!

Words and Pictures said...

Almost tooo cute!! He really has the Awwww factor - adorable card, Bonnie!
Alison x

Tracy said...

Oh boy do I love the 2CI images especially the little owls. Adorable Bonnie! Love all those extra hearts. Sweet! Hugs!

Rachael said...

Thanks for playing along at Drunken Stampers.

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love 2 Cute Ink images!! They are so adorable!! Your coloring is awesome!! I love your design!! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good luck :) I hope to see you again next time!!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

That woohoo adorable is that owl, love how,you have showcased him on the die cut. Lovely. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Bonnie...your card is so cute! I love your Spellbinder jar label and how you have used it behind your adorable owl. So cute and nice coloring job! I also love the little hearts all around him. Very cute design. I thank you for the very nice comment you left on my blog. Your thoughts are always so detailed and I so appreciate them! Really!! You make me feel so good! Have a great week! Candy

Kaylee Snyder said...

Bonnie, this is so cute. I love the bright red hearts, and the sentiment is fabulous. Great job.

Chris Dring said...

What an adorable card Bonnie! Thanks for playing along with The Birds challenge at Drunken Stampers!

Michelle said...

He is amzing with all those hearts around. Lovely.
xxx Michelle

Crea-Sandra said...

What a cutie! Love the little owl!
Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!
Hugs xx ♥ Sandra ♥

Ruthie Lopez said...

The owl is so cute!!! Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Ruthie DT
http://myhobbyandart.blogspot.com/