Monday, March 17, 2014

Fun (and Green) birthday wishes ~ CYP Challenge 205


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! In honour of the day, our challenge theme for this week at Craft Your Passion is "Go Green". We want to see green coloured projects or projects with recycled elements. My card has both. Our fabulous sponsor this week is Inky Impressions and I chose to play with Birthday Sandy. Doesn't she have the sweetest face? I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, fussy cut her, and popped her up on foam tape for dimension.


The background started with two papers from a Paper Wishes birthday pad which I overlapped and then matted on a layer of green and a layer of brown cardstock. Two more papers from the collection were punched into semi-circles and layered on the right side. Sandy needed a place to sit so I die cut a tree branch from a piece of recycled packaging and adhered it over the seam of the two papers meeting. Clouds were die cut using an MFT die and a scrap of checked paper. The lettering for Fun is glittery black stickers.


The Birthday Wishes banner also comes from Inky Impressions. I printed it on gold coloured cardstock and then darkened the letters with a black Pitt pen. The dots on each i were created with tiny flat black pearls. Shading was done with Prismacolor pencils and then the banner was fussy cut, matted in brown, and popped up on foam dots. To complete the card, faux stitching was done with a black Pitt pen.

Sandy and I thank you for stopping by today. If you get a chance, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the wonderful Green creations from my talented teamies.Hope you'll play along this week and show us your green, too.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create ~ #62 Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle ~ #76 Include some green
One Stitch at a Time ~ #204 Use a Digi
The Corrosive Challenges ~ #195 Option 1 photo inspiration and Option 3 Something recycled (packaging)
Hiding in My Craft Room ~ #141 Colour it
The Doodle Garden ~ #1 Anything Goes


Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

8 comments:

designermc said...

Great card and I love the red hair! It's one of my favorites to use. Thanks for joining out green challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room.
Nancy, DT

~ginny said...

Hi Bonnie! Love that you put her on a branch - were you a tomboy like me? I was always happy up a tree - so I relate to this one! I love the stitches holding the elements on and love your paper choices!
Such a creative project!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create: #61 ATG Challenge
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Debbie Adams said...

What an adorable Birthday card. Love the image, you colored her so pretty. I also love the banner you did, great fussy cutting. :D
Thank you for joining us at OSAAT.
Deborah OSAAT DT

Melanie Rozwood said...

Very nice. I like the black stitching. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
I really am flashed with you card. I love the way you made the tree and the background.
xxx Michelle

Nikki Byrne said...

Brilliant card, fab image and I love that birthday banner!! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs
NIKKI DT

Julie-Ann said...

What a beautiful card, lovely coloring. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck, Julie Ann DT

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge for the "Go Green" challenge. Your card is perfect for the challenge. Your coloring is awesome. Good luck and please join us again soon!