Thursday, March 20, 2014

Uniquely Me ~ eP Mixed Media Tag



Hi everyone! Last week I showed you the first altered tag I made with one of the multiplication flash cards I scored at the thrift shop. Today, I am showing you her friend, UM. I started the background at the same time as the first one because I had enough ink on my craft mat to sop up that I could do two more tags. The background was gessoed and then the tag was dragged through puddles of Scattered Straw and Picked Raspberry Distress ink which was smushed onto the mat and spritzed with water. I kept the ink to the inside of the tag and dried it. Peacock Feathers DI was applied to the edges with an ink blending tool.


Scraps of yellow patterned paper were torn and adhered to the background with Matte Medium and then my favourite TH text stamp was randomly stamped with Picked Raspberry DI. Gesso was applied through TCW's Well Rounded stencil using two of the 9 patterns. That is such a versatile stencil...it often shows up in my mixed media art. I doodled spirals on some of the circles and shaded around others with my Stabilo pencil. A chunk of border from a Deviant Scrap collage sheet was added to the left side. Strips of black cardstock were adhered near the base to give my funky lady a place to stand and over one of the yellow scraps to bring some black to the midway point on the tag. A black circle was punched and dotted with white pen. A star was punched from old text paper and added to the circle.


UM (Uniquely Me...remember when Alice told the queen her name was UM in the Wonderland movie) is a melange of various elements from collage sheets, many from Deviant Scrap. There are bits from at least 5 different collections, all cadged together to create this unique image. So fun doing that! Doodling was added to further embellish her, as well as Prismacolor shading, and a tiny feather (stuck a feather in her cap) added to her stylin' hat. She was lined with a Pitt pen, shaded around with Prismacolor pencils and the Stabilo pencil. Once she was adhered to the tag. a cloud cut with an MFT die and left over from another project was inked with Salty Ocean Distress ink, doodled on, and added to the top with a soaring bird image for company. The top letters for I am are glittery puffy stickers. Uniquely Me was computer generated and printed on an Idea-ology vial label which I then smeared with my finger (on purpose) while the ink was still wet. The entire tag (flash card) was inked around with Black Big Brush pen to frame it. The tag topper is Vintage Tape Measure from Maya Road.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I always appreciate your visits and lovely comments. They make my day...and UM's day, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

Here are links to the eclectic Paperie store for some of the products used today:









1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was hysterical when Alice said UM, it gave me a chuckle. I love your whimsical tag and style Bonnie.