Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Response to Week 39 Use Pink


Hi everyone. Barb's prompt for Week 39 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure series was to Use Pink. Now, I am a frequent user of pink so that in itself was not hard. However, she also doodled these awesome frames on her page and  frames are not something I include very often...actually only when challenged to do so. That became the part of this page that pushed my comfort zone out a little...just what I like to do. I didn't want to doodle my frames or my innards within the frames so I chose instead to use stamps.


I purchased a set of frame stamps ages ago and never used them...until now. I first spritzed a piece of white card stock with Hottie Patottie Hot Pink and Hi Maintenance Magenta Lindy's Starburst Sprays and let that dry thoroughly. Then I stamped the frames plus one extra label stamp onto the spritzed card stock using Jet Black Archival Ink. Each frame was fussy cut and matted with black to make it pop against the background.  Stampotique Originals Fleur Girl 3, Medium and Tiny Bee, and Home Sweet Home stamps were inked with Jet Black Archival and stamped onto white card stock. They were then coloured with Prismacolor, Polychromos, and Derwent Coloursoft pencils before being fussy cut and matted with black.


Stampotique Originals Hanging Hearts was stamped directly onto a medium label and coloured in with two shades of pink markers. The word fleur, which Barb also included on her page and happens to be the name of the flower image, was stamped directly onto the smallest label and the inside of that frame was deepened with coloured pencil. Two black rhinestones were used to cover the "nail holes". The letters for Maison were stamped individually onto white card stock, cut apart, and then adhered to a strip of black before being attached to the small label.


The background of the page made me think a bit. I wanted pink but not solid. I used Magenta Hue Archival Ink on a hero Arts plaid background stamp and repeatedly stamped until the page was covered. I didn't worry about making my lines meet up nor about getting perfect images. If I had wanted that look, I could have used designer paper. Black card stock strips were torn to frame the top and bottom and hide ant huge imperfections. Black Big Brush Pen was used to edge the two sides. Once everything was adhered in place, black punched circles were adhered in rows to finish off the page.

And that's it for my mainly Pink and mostly Stampotique page. I'm happy with the outcome and certainly enjoyed the process so it was win/win.  Thanks so much for stopping by. If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's never too late. You can join in at any point, catch up or not, and we'd love to have you join our wonderful AJA Facebook group as well. It's an awesome group filled with creative, friendly, and supportive people who share the same enthusiasm for this fun adventure.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: