Saturday, May 06, 2017

1359 I wonder ~ A Sandra Caldwell New Release


Hi everyone. Yesterday was New Release Day at Sandra Caldwell's Etsy shop, Babycakes Digis and Designs. Because I have been sick for the past two weeks, I missed the release day so I am sharing my project today instead. The image I played with this week is called 1359 I wonder.


She was coloured with my usual mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, and matted with black. Foam tape was used to pop her up to add dimension and natural shadow.


The background began with a 5.5 x 8 inch rectangle of red card stock. Deep Purple Archival Ink was used to apply Carabelle Studio Textures Etoiles stamp in a few places. A scrap of white card stock which had been sprayed with Lindy's French Lilac Violet Starburst Spray was cut into a 2.25 inch band. Two .25 inch bands of gray patterned paper were added to either side of that white piece to frame it up.


The sentiment was printed onto white card stock, cut into segments and matted with black. The word KARMA was given an extra mat of purple and was popped up on foam tape to emphasize it. A purple resin flower and two fabric leaves were added near the phrase "like flowers" both to bring in an extra shot of purple and to tie in with the flower on the image.

Thanks for joining the I Wonder gal and me today.  To see more of Sandra's wonderful new releases from yesterday and also to see what our talented DT members did with them, be sure to drop by Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans Facebook group, where they ere posted yesterday. Pop by Sandra's Etsy shop, too, when you get a chance. There are so many fabulous images that you are sure to gain lots of inspiration and add to your wish list.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: