Hi everyone. I am always looking for new ideas to create embellies for junk journals and art journal pages, especially ones that use items up from my stash. While browsing on Pinterest last week, I found one of those and I loved it so much the way it was, that I barely changed anything. It was originally on a blog belonging to Dorota Kopec, a very talented art journaller and artist. She is from Poland and her blog is certainly worth a good long look as she has wonderful ideas and creations. Her tags clusters were used on art journal pages but I thought they would make awesome tuck spots for junk journals as well.
I started by die cutting partial tags from both white and kraft cardstock. The white ones were 2 inches high and 2 inches wide. The kraft ones were 2.25 inches high by 2 inches wide. Both sets were inked around with Coffee Archival Ink and then Ground Espresso Distress Ink to deepen the edging. They were stamped with a variety of stamps using the same Coffee Archival Ink. Mainly writing or numbers stamps were used on the white tags and images or collage stamps were used on the kraft ones.
White reinforcements were punched to surround the holes on the kraft tags and kraft ones created for the white tags. The tags were topped with very fine hemp and then overlapped different amounts and with either the kraft tag on top or with the white one there. I wanted to change them up a little.
I created a few different embellishments for the tag clusters but before I adhered them, I had to decide the orientation on the page for each one. They would either be adhered along the bottom of the page or on either side. The one above would be adhered along the bottom edge of the tag cluster to allow something to tuck underneath with the tags holding it in place.
The one above would be adhered to the left side of a page. For the black and white heart embellie, I stamped the heart from one of Carabelle Studio Hearts & Pebbles stamp set onto white cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink, fussy cut it, and inked the edges with Coffee Archival. Then the edge of each heart was inked with Black Big Brush Pen to help frame it. A small threaded vintage button was added over that and a scrap of cheesecloth was layered underneath the heart.
Similar steps were taken using a thread label stamp and also a die cut primitive heart. I also did a few using a tiny crocheted doily topped with a corrugated cardboard punched star. or a vintage white button. I think they all turned out really sweet and can see how they could be further adapted depending upon the tag paper and embellishments used. A big shout-out to Dorota Kopec for the wonderful idea!
Thanks for stopping by today. That was awesome of you :)
Life is good; so is art.