Monday, November 12, 2018

Coffee Helps - Inspired by Vera Lane Studio images


Hi everyone! I thought that this was going to be the month where I finally participated in the Vera Lane ATC exchange on the VLS Facebook group but with our continuing rotating Canadian Postal strikes and the back-up of mail still to be delivered, I figured I'd better wait. I wouldn't want my partner to be waiting forever to get my mail. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and use November's Coffee theme, always a favourite of mine, for an art journal page.


I coloured two Vera Lane Studio images, Barista and one from The Girls on the Block, with my Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and fussy cut them. For Barista, I left a narrow white border and then matted her with black cardstock which I cut again, leaving a narrow black border.


The Girl on the Block, I trimmed without a border because she already has a thicker black outline. I wanted her rising out of a cup of coffee, so I cut a cup shape from a previously gel printed paper, doodled some black and some white pen on the circles, and shaded the outside edges with Garden Patina Archival Ink. The coffee was coloured with a Big Brush Pen and then a slit was cut between the coffee and the cup so she could be inserted. The edges of both the cup and the girl were darkened with black Big Brush Pen.


The page background was created with Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides applied with Blending Tools. Water droplets were flicked onto the blended inks which removed the colour in spots. Picked Raspberry was applied through a Studio Light stencil (Mask MB03) and Jet Black Archival rings were added using my Bokeh Dots stamp.To gibe Barista and the cup a place to stand, a scrap of left from a previously created background was matted with black and adhered along the bottom edge of the page.


A doodled border was inked in with black pen and the images were adhered to the background. The computer generated wording was trimmed and matted with black. Both sections were adhered with a scalloped washi border underneath to tie in the pink from the girls. Finally, molding paste was scraped through Joggles Punchinella Quintet stencil, and the page was edged with black Big Brush Pen.

I love the way these two images combined. The looks on their faces seems to fit the wording and make me smile. And bonus...I used up two of my scrap pieces...2 down; 8 bajillion to go...LOL

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: