Saturday, April 07, 2012

Dancin' Up a Storm

I created this animal art doll for a swap using a Prairie Fairy Designs digi stamp called Morley Dancing. I actually printed him three times in order to cut apart enough pieces to allow his legs and tail to move. After all, he is dancing so he needed the freedom to really bust a move :) I paper pieced his shirt and scarf and then used my Prisma pencils to shade the clothes. His body and boots were also coloured with Prismas. His antlers and muzzle were traced onto corrugated cardstock and then layered on dimensional tape. I layered some embroidery floss fringe onto one scarf piece and then added the second one on top with foam tape. His tail and socks have molding paste layered on with a palette knife to make them appear fluffy. Lots of fussy little details for such a little guy but I'm happy with how he turned out. He makes me smile. Hope he does the same for you.
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: