Thursday, April 05, 2012

Sweet Little Art Doll

I made this little mermaid art doll for a swap at SplitCoast stampers. She is a combination of a beautiful digital stamp from Milk Coffee which I found on Etsy. My goodness, they have the sweetest stamps. I used the Tiffany in Spring stamp for the upper body which I then coloured with my Prisma Colour pencils. She's so pretty that  she was fun to colour. I added some fussy cut images of shells and some glimmer misted cheesecloth to embellish her hair and waist. I hope the cheesecloth looks like netting. Because mermaids love shiny things, I added some bling, and a watch which I believe she found when she was exploring an old shipwreck. The layered punched flower holds the brad that allows her lower body to swish from side to side. The lower body was hand drawn on some glittered paper which I  Mod Podged to protect my swap partners' hands. I like the look of glitter but get annoyed when I wear it on my face to the grocery store :) Thanks for visiting today.
Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

No comments: