Friday, June 21, 2013

My latest obsession


Here are a few more of my altered playing cards from The Spoken Soul online class offered by Mary Jane Chadbourne at Artful Gathering. The backgrounds are layers of Neocolor II watercolour crayons, Inktense blocks, Distress inks and stains, Gelatos, Big Brush pens, acrylic inks and paints combined with stencilling and stamping. The papers are mainly from my scrap box ...Go me!


The images come from many sources including Deviant Scrap (Tumble Fish Studio) and Etsy stores like Cemerony. All of the quotes are computer generated and the bits and bobs are from my stash. These are a fabulous way to use things left over from other projects and sitting on my desk until inspiration and need collide. It's also a great place to try out new techniques or media.


Thanks for stopping by for another peek at my latest obsession. I have more coming soon to a post near you  so stay tuned :D

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie











5 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Fabulous ideas. Justifies my need and compulsion to save all my scraps even though I have enough paper to last me to the end of time.

Words and Pictures said...

They are so cool, Bonnie - and yes, we'll all be saving ever-smaller scraps at this rate!
Alison x

Redanne said...

I knew there had to be a reason to collect those little scraps, doubt that I could create stunning creations like these with mine though...... Hugs, Anne x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are FANTASTIQUE!!!! LOVE them all, and love that they are playing cards! The images are beautiful!

Tracy said...

Oh wow these are so cool! Lots of wonderful imaginative images and a guarantee of layers and layers of amazing mixed media supplies. :-) Can't wait to see more!