Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bloom ~ Art Journal page inspired by Joggles blog


Hi everyone. Barb from Joggles.com, my favourite online store, has started the new year with weekly art journal spreads on her blog and has invited us to play along. While I love doing my own thing, I also thoroughly enjoy responding to a weekly prompt because it challenges me in many different ways and I enjoy the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone. That's why I have decided to play along with her. She does a step by step tutorial taking us through her process on her Art Journal Adventure post for week 4. While I have put my own spin on this spread, I have adopted several of her steps and used products from her description on the Joggles blog.


I created the background using the same three Dylusions paints, Cut Grass, Vibrant Turquoise, and White Linen. Like her, I worked wet on wet but instead of applying with a baby white, I used Rangers Cut N Dry foam. I loved how she knocked the colour back and introduced more white space so I did something similar using the White Linen through TCW's Labyrinth stencil. I applied Forget-Me-Not Archival ink to the background with Joggles Background Noise Stamp, Spark. More Vibrant Turquoise paint was stencilled through Dylusions Bubbles stencil to add more pattern and texture.


I loved the Heart Collage sheets, Barb used but I didn't have those sheets on hand. Instead, I die cut three sizes of hearts from gelli plate prints and mop up sheets used to clean up Lindy's Starburst over-spray. Instead of dangling hearts, I opted to make flowers, doodling around them and adding stems with Black Pitt pens. The leaves were die cut from black cardstock and dotted with white paint pen as a nod to Barb's dotty strings. Black and white rings were created with Dylusions paints and bottle lids.

To complete the page, gelato was added to the outside edges and spread with a wet finger. The same thing was used to add shadow next to the hearts using a water brush to soften and blend. Ransom Alpha Parts were used for the word and white paint dots to accent them and tie them to the other dots in the leaves. A border was doodled and Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the outsides of the page to help frame it.

Thanks for popping by today. If you play along with Joggles' prompt this week, I would love to see what you create. Leave a link in your comment so I can come and visit.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love this page - fabulous colours and design.
Alison x

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful page to sit and just look at! Great work! I like Joggles too!