Friday, January 08, 2016

Rainbows and Unicorns and Bloobel Stamps


Hi everyone! I came across these wonderful quirky images on Facebook the other day and I just had to track down the talented artist and her awesome Etsy shop. The shop is called Bloobel Stamps and the artist is Lisa Bloobel Graham. I love the humour, whimsy, and uniqueness of these designs so I purchased a few to have a play. They make me smile the whole time I am creating with them...and then after...oh, and before. Did I mention that I am smitten?


I coloured To Be a Unicorn with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. Stickles were added to the stars in her hair and Glossy Accents plus tiny flat black pearls to her eyes. Unicorn Girl (UG) was then fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black cardstock, and popped up on foam tape.


The background colour was created on the 6 x 8 inch rectangle of mixed media paper with Distress inks and a little Lindy's Starburst spray. Black Archival ink was applied through TCW's Bingo stencil. text stamping was added with Coffee Archival ink and the little starburst pattern with Rocket Red Gold Archival ink. White embossing paste was scraped through Dina Wakley's Plastic Canvas stencil. White and black rings were created with Dylusions paint and bottle lids used as stamps.


The computer generated sentiment was printed on white cadrstock, trimmed close and matted with black. Each section was popped up on foam tape for dimension. I was going to use the sentiment that inspired the image " Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn." but I had used a version of that not too long ago so I went for another one which suited UG just as well. Three spots of purple cardstock, two borders and a label, were added to bring purple from the image into the background. A length of cheesecloth was adhered under her legs to suggest a cloud and three punched metallic stars repeated the glimmer of those in her hair. To finish off, black Big Brush pen was used to edge the background before a black mat was added to frame the page.

Thanks for joining UG and me today. We are delighted to have you here. Be sure to check out Bloobel Stamps to see the other fabulous images Lisa has created. She has a Facebook group, too, where people are sharing their makes...lots of inspiration. I want Lisa to be hugely successful so she will make lots and lots of images for us to play with! Yes, it's all about me...LOL

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

~ginny said...

LOL! You are right - a great image and right up your alley! It's good to see you smile again & be your happy self for the moment. I'm off to see her store Bonnie!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Granmargaret said...

Great work. It has some blue so you should join the challenge at More Mixed Media
http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/more-mixed-media-challenge-blue.html