Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 35 response


Hi there! I playing a bit of catch up on a couple of the weekly prompts which I skipped for the Joggles Art Journal Adventure. I completed my journal page for Week 35 which Barb had dubbed Outward From the Center. I was a bit stumped on what I wanted to do when all of a sudden I thought of a sun face and then I was off and creating! I am such a fan of celestial images especially where the sun, moon, or stars have a face.


I began the background of my 8 x 10 inch journal page by spritzing Sassy Sapphire, Bachelor Button Blue, and Delphinium Turquoise Lindy's Starburst sprays onto  it and allowing it to dry thoroughly. Using Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink, a Wendy Vecchi Tales of Art stamp and Darkroom Door Polka Dots stamp were added to the background for subtle texture. Wendy Vecchi's A Form of Art ledger stamp was applied to the outside edges of the page with Jet Black Archival.


The sun and the triangular rays were all fussy cut from yellow mop-up paper which had picked up Yellow Rose of Texas, California Poppy Gold, and Marigold Yellow Orange Lindy's sprays. You can also see a little stencilling in the face. The face was cut into a 3.5 inch circle and was first stamped and edged with Orange Blossom Archival Ink and a River City stamp called Face of Uncle Enos. He was stamped a second time off-set slightly from the first using Jet Black Archival ink. I love the effect that created! The cheeks were scrubbed in with a dry brush and a mix of red and white paint.


The triangles were cut by hand and then edged with Orange Blossom Archival ink. Once they were adhered in place, black pen was used to outline them on the background as well as doodling patterns on them. Black die cut arrows and black gems were added to extend the outward from the center idea as well as creating that pop of black I love so much. I decided to call this guy Ray because it makes me laugh so I added his name to the top left corner using Idea-ology Alpha Parts. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the three sides and a simple double border was doodled around the page to create a frame.

Thanks for joining Ray and me today. Ray has a hard time showing his joy...just know it's there :)  If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's never too late. You can join in at any point, catch up or not, and we'd love to have you join our wonderful AJA Facebook group as well. It's an awesome group filled with creative, friendly, and supportive people who share the same enthusiasm for this fun adventure.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: