Thursday, March 22, 2018

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 11 (the number 3)


Hi everyone. I'm back today with a catch-up project for Week 11 of the 2018 Joggles Art Journal Adventure which I was unable to complete the week it was assigned. It was Barb's turn to choose the prompt and she picked the number 3 with the optional twist of including 3 words that go together. I decided to go with an Alice in Wonderland theme with my 3 words being Curiouser and Curiouser.


I was working on the back of the kraft coloured page I created last week but wanted more inky goodness and colour in the background because my talking flowers were going to be bright. I decided to cut a background I had already made into a 5.25 x 5.5 inch rectangle to layer over the kraft. The background colour was done with Distress Oxides and the wrinkle free technique where you smush ink onto the craft sheet, spritz with water, and dip to your heart's content. I am guessing that the inks I used were Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean although I can't swear to that. I inked the edges of the page with Garden Patina and Manganese Blue Archival Inks and then applied Black Big Brush Pen along the very edge to frame it. Manganese Blue Archival Ink was also used to apply Joggles Nonsense Latin Text stamp here and there. One of the circle designs from Stampotique Originals Kate's Doodle Cube was applied to the background with Jet Black Archival Ink.


Alice was fussy cut from Joggles Alice in Wonderland 1 Collage sheet. She was then matted with black cardstock and fussy cut again. Foam tape was added to the back of the image to pop her up. Before she was adhered to the background, she needed something to stand on to ground her. A scrap of green spritzed paper (probably Lindy's Starburst) was pulled from my scrap folder and glued across the bottom of the page. It already had the curved shape so all I did was ink all 4 sides of it with Viridian Green Archival Ink and glue it to the bottom of the page. I added one of those circles to this layer to help embed it into the background.


The flowers were an opportunity to use the sweet little Peachy Keen Cartoon Bombshell Face stamps in the .5 inch size. I love their expressions, especially the crabby blue one. They were stamped onto yellow sprayed scraps using Jet Black Archival ink and then cut with a .75 circle punch. The edges were inked with Brilliance Rocket Red Gold ink and then details were coloured in with Prismacolor pencils. Joggles Scribble Flower #2 was stamped onto blue or pink spritzed paper scraps using Jet Black Archival. Coloured pencil was used to add shading and highlighting before white paint pen was added to each petal. The faces were glued onto the flower centers and foam tape was used to pop the flowers up. Stems and leaves were free hand cut from a green spritzed mop-up scrap. Once the stems and leaves were glued to the background, black pen was used to outline them as well as the ground line and a simple border. The sentiment, printed onto white cardstock, was cut into individual words which were then matted with black and popped up with foam tape. The background was also matted with black before it was adhered to the kraft background.

I had a great time creating this page...any time spent with Alice is time well spent and those flower faces make me smile...love that stamp set. Thanks for visiting today. Hope you're having a good one! If you haven't already joined the Joggles Art Journal Adventure Facebook group, we would love to see you there.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: