Monday, April 16, 2018

Joggles Art Journal Adventure - Week 16 - the # 6


Hi everyone! We've been bearing the brunt of some very un-spring-like weather in my neck of the woods these past few days so I was delighted to have the next week's Joggles Art Journal Adventure prompt to keep me inside and occupied yesterday. The prompt for Week 16 is the number 6. For some reason, this prompt stumped me for quite a while. It's funny how sometimes the simplest theme will do that. Anyway, I decided to create a cat pyramid featuring 6 examples of Carabelle Studio Simple Elegance art stamp.


The 6 x 6 inch background was created by spritzing Sassy Sapphire, Tibetan Poppy Teal, and Delphinium Turquoise Lindy's Starburst Sprays onto my craft sheet. I then mopped up the inks with my background layer until I had the coverage that I wanted and let it dry. Forget Me Not Archival Ink was applied to Joggles Nonsense Latin Text stamp and rolled onto the background in several places to add texture and interest. Black gesso was slightly watered down and added in the form of rings using the lid of a bottle.


The elegant cat was stamped onto white cardstock 6 times using Jet Black Archival Ink. These guys were then coloured with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencil, keeping all but one normal cat colours. The exception is the pink one with the bright glasses and the Tropical Tangerine Stickles on his bowtie as well as Icicle Stickles on his fur. I wanted him to feel free to express his individuality and take the advice of the quote to heart. All of the cats were fussy cut and then tacked together with glue where they overlapped to form the pyramid. Foam tape was used to pop them up and Glossy Accents was added to their glasses both for the dimension and shine. Below, you can see both the Stickles and the Glossy Accents a bit better.


Before the cat stack was added to the background, I wanted to add washi tape to look like they were sitting on tiers or shelves. I liked the accent of the black and white washi, which I adhered to strips of white cardstock so the background colours didn't show through the transparent crosses. It also grounds them so they aren't magically floating...they aren't that kind of cats :)


The wording was computer generated, printed onto white cardstock, and cut into individual words. These were then matted with black cardstock, and popped up with foam tape. To emphasize the two words, blue gel pen was used to fill in the open letters. Black splotches were added with Jet Black Archival Ink and a Paper Artsy stamp. A black pen was used to doodle a simple border around the outside edges. To finish off the page, Forget Me Not Archival Ink and Black Big Brush Pen were used on the four edges and Pthalo Green Pan Pastel was applied around the cats to help them stand out against the busy background.

Thanks for joining my feline friends and me today. We are all grateful for that. I hope you will join in the fun at the Joggles Art Journal Adventure Facebook group. It's an awesome place to hang out, make new friends and get inspired. I'm always excited to see what people create :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie



No comments: