Friday, April 13, 2018

Tiny pockets stuffed with Tiny Tags :)


Hi everyone! Because my hands don't like to be idle, I've kept them busy lately making some tiny and tinier pockets out of vintage music or book text paper and then stuffing them with tiny and tinier tags. These will go in future junk journals but would also be super cute on art journal pages or cards. The smaller of the two pockets is only a 1 1/8 inch square and the larger of the two styles is 1 3/4 x 1 1/2 inches. Again, I was inspired by Jen Miller's Junk Journals and her fabulous videos. I didn't have a punch to make these so I drew and tested a few samples and then constructed cardstock templates from the two I liked best.


All of the pockets are made from two layers of paper glued together for added strength. The edges of the pockets and inserts were inked with Coffee Archival Ink and stencilling was added to several with the same ink. Little scraps of stickers, vintage papers, and the smallest elements from Idea-ology ephemera packs were layered on the fronts of the pockets.


Scraps of lace and punched paper borders, as well as punched and stamped layered butterflies, die cut arrows, and tiny buttons also were included in the mix. 



Cheesecloth and tiny crocheted doilies, ranging from .5 to just under 1 inch in diameter, also layered up to make embellishment clusters. All those tiny left overs finally found a home and a purpose. Have you noticed that all of my buttons have thread through them? I have a thing about naked buttons...no idea why...just one of my many quirks :)


I tried to make each one different, including what I used for inserts. Some have little decorated tags, others have ephemera from the TH packs, including tiny photos, letters, and ledger pages.


I had a great time puttering and creating these tiny pieces of art...so much so that I decided to make the smaller ones, too.


Given the small size of these, they had less real estate to decorate but I didn't let that slow me down at all. I just used tinier scraps and punched pieces and shorter Chit Chat words. The tiny white button ain the flower center is a brad with the legs cut off. I had to get a little creative...and the holes don't go right through the button brad so it IS naked...EEK!


You can see on the pocket with the hearts that I found a place for a little scrap of tulle. The punched tag shows an example of the type of embellies I used although this one is less decorated than some. I only made five of these babies.

Thanks for popping by today and special thanks to Jen Miller for the inspiration for these sweet little pockets and tags. They were pure play to create and I know there will be more in my future...they are addictive.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: