Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Ragamuffins are Real ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! I absolutely am smitten by this Vera Lane Studio image called Ragamuffins. They melt my heart with their well-loved look and remind me of one of my favourite quotes from The Velveteen Rabbit.


I coloured the two friends from the set with a combination of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. Glossy Accents were applied to their eyes to make them shine and Grape Stickles on the kitty's pendant. Real black butons were threaded with white thread and adhered over the buttons drawn by Janet. Both Kitty and RG (Ragamuffin) were fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black cardstock, and fussy cut again leaving a narrow black border.


The 6x6 inch background was spritzed with Lindy's Witch's Potion Purple and Hottie Patottie Hot Pink Starburst Sprays and the puddles were blown into slender drips using a TH tool. Stamping was done with Viva Las Vegas stamps using Magenta Hue, Deep Purple, and Jet Black Archival ink. The wording was printed onto white cardstock and was backed with black to help it stand out from the background and also tie in with the images.


Two different washi tapes were torn and overlapped to give RG and Kitty stand on. Another skinny strip of the black washi was added to the left edge of the page.To add a little brightness to the page, Texture Paste was scraped through a Stamperia stencil. Once dry, the left side of some of the harlequins were shaded with a purple CleanColor brush pen. A border was doodled around the outside edges of the page and three large and three small enamel dots were adhered to opposite corners of the page as the final touch to pull a little more pink from the images into the background.

Thanks for popping by today. RG, Kitty, and I appreciate that so much. I think I can relate to these two more than ever with all of my surgical scars and my super short hair. I, too, am well-loved, look and feel different from before, and have never felt more real. I'm glad to know that "it lasts for always" :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: