Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Librarian Tag ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Last week Vera Lane Studio released another wonderful set of images and sayings, this one called Teacher 2. I posted an art journal page created with one of the images earlier today. This time, I am sharing a tag with another of the images, this one carrying books. I decided she was a librarian.


I coloured her with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, fussy cut and matted her the same way as the Wine Woman in my aj page. This one was popped up on foam tape to give her a natural shadow and a bit of dimension.


The #8 size tag was cut from a remnant of patterned paper which I matted with black cardstock. The top part of another tag, this time cut from kraft paper, was stamped with script and Coffee Archival before being matted with black and adhered over the base tag so the holes lined up. Slightly overlapping that tag was a library card which had been inked around the edges with Coffee Archival.


Both to decorate the bottom of the tag and to give our librarian a place to rest her weary feet, a folded, inked, and stitched strip of old book paper stamped with faux Latin words was adhered to the tag edge. I keep several of these on hand all ready to go so I don't have to stop and fiddle with them. The wording, which cracks me up, was printed onto white cardstock, matted with black, and popped up on foam tape. The finishing touches to the tag were the doodled black border and the twine used as the tag topper.

Thanks for popping by to visit with the librarian and me...and she thanks you for keeping your voice down. Never, ever tangle with a seemingly mild-mannered librarian. She has skills! When you get a chance, stop by the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group to see what others on our DT and in our fabulous community are creating with these fun images from the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: