Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Well Behaved Women ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Did you see the new release of  Princess Leia and Yoda yesterday from Vera Lane Studio? Oh my word, they are so cute! I mean, seriously cute!! I had a hard time deciding between them for this art journal page because I want to play with both. I finally settled on Leia because I figured Yoda might have more patience to wait.


I coloured Leia with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, using a silver Posca Paint pen for her buckle. She was fussy cut leaving a white border, matted with black, and fussy cut again. Although I usually glue images in flat in this journal, I wanted that shadow behind her so I used foam tape to pop her up.


The watercolour paper background had Wilted Violet and then Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxides added separately. They were smushed onto a 3 inch gel plate, spritzed with water, and then tapped onto the page, drying between colours. Black ink was splattered over the page once the Oxide layers were dry. To add to the galaxy feel, a Stampotique Dotted Spiral stamp was added with Jet Black Archival Ink. Silver star sequins were scattered above and beside her to catch the light. To ground Leia, blue starry washi tape was adhered to a strip of white cardstock and then to the page. That prevents the background colours from showing through the white areas and also preserves the pattern.


The wording was printed onto white cardstock, cut into sections, and matted with black. A simple doodled border was added with black pen to finish the page.

Thanks for joining the lovely Princess Leia and me today. We are delighted that you did. Stay tuned to our Vera Lane Studio Facebook group this week to see more projects using this amazing Star Wars set created by my talented teamies. Pop by the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop where you will find many many images and collage sheets sure to inspire you.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: