Thursday, February 13, 2020

Pretty Little Tags


Hi everyone! I've had these pretty translucent stickers from Paper Game Co. in my stash for a while and decided it was high time I made something with them. They are fairly small under 1.75 inches at their longest points so I thought that smaller scale tags would suit them well. I have an old Marvy Uchida punch with a nicely shaped top that cuts tags 1.75 x 2.25 inches so I used that on some tan coloured textured cardstock.


I started by stamping the punched tags with a text stamp using coffee Archival Ink and not much pressure to get a lighter effect. The edges of the tag were darkened with the same ink to create an aged look.


Scraps of vintage book paper were then torn to fit on each tag. The edges of these scraps were also darkened with Coffee Archival ink which helps this layer contrast with the background.


One of the translucent stickers was then placed over the book text. I love that you can see the text through the flowers. A hole was punched at the top of each tag and string was feed through to finish them off.


When I am playing and experimenting, I sometimes find it hard to stop. There's often that little nagging "what would happen if..." and that's how the last tag came to be. It's a 2.25 x 4.75 manila tag stamped with the same script stamp and ink. A layer of cheesecloth was adhered before the book text was layered on top. White gesso was used over the text to push it into the background before the sticker, this time with a bird as well as flowers, was layered on top. Because I had extra real estate, I added a Tracie Fox number label, a strip of music paper, and a Chit Chat sticker. I can see that a number of other tags in the same style might be calling my name :) After all, you can't just have one...LOL

Thanks for stopping by.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: