Friday, May 27, 2016

Joggles Sticky Snippets Art Journal Page


Hi everyone. Every once in a while a product comes along that is so cool and filled with creative possibilities that you don't even realize it at first. Joggles has come out with just such a line called Sticky Snippets. They are this wonderful collection of pre-cut label shapes covering a white sheet with amazing adhesive on the back. First you get the absolute joy of creating a wonderful background on the white sheet. It can be quite difficult to see the outlines of the shapes unless you really look for them which for me is very freeing because I don't overthink the backgrounds. I don't worry if I have enough of one stamp or stencil on each shape. I like that randomness of peeling off the Snippets and discovering what patterns are on each and, for me, this results in better art. Below is the sheet with three of the hearts peeled off.


Barb Donahay from Joggles has a couple of fabulous videos here and here on using different media on the Sticky Snippets. I used Dylusions and Liquitex paints, Starburst sprays, and brushos which require lots of water to activate and no matter what I threw at them, the adhesive wasn't affected. Very cool! There is also no waste with these sheets because once decorated the paper surrounding the shapes becomes an awesome addition to a journal page as well. I will be showing more art with these Sticky Snippets sneaking in over the next while but today I wanted to share a simple art journal page where I used three of the heart Sticky Snippets on my art journal page.


This page began with just the orange chicken wire pattern. I had sprayed the TCW Mini Chicken Wire Reversed stencil on something and then slipped it between two journal pages to clean it. This is one of the two "clean it" pages. Beside the chicken wire, I used Joggles/Margaret Applin Vintage Correspondence stamp using Tiger Lily and Vermillion Archival Ink to transfer it to the page. The three Sticky Snippet Hearts were peeled from the background paper and added to the left side of this page. I outlined each with black pen to help them stand out crisply. I love the little pops of pattern and colour they add to this simple background.


Two black off-cuts from die cutting borders for another project were added near the bottom of the stamped image. Over that, a few loops of hemp twine were adhered with Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue and then a bit of cheesecloth added over that. One of the butterflies from Joggles Watercolor Butterflies IV Collage Sheet was fussy cut, matted with black, and adhered over the cheesecloth with foam dots. I added a little more orange and yellow to the butterfly using Inktense pencils activated with water so it pulled in some of the colours from the hearts. A TH pen nib was adhered to the butterfly for its body. Three vintage buttons were also added tothe cluster. The word Change was created with Idea-ology Alpha Parts Letters and a simple border was doodled around the page to frame it.


Thanks for stopping by today and sharing my excitement over these Sticky Snippets. I'm pumped to create more art with them and look forward to seeing how others use them as well. So far there are 7 different shapes to play and create with. The possibilities are endless :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: