Thursday, December 06, 2018

Mine...all mine ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image



Hi everyone. I took a little time away from art journaling to make some more collage bookmarks for the library to sell. Now I'm back to celebrate my love for chocolate (which I don't share well) with a new art journal page. I chose the image called Cheers by Vera Lane Studio because I wanted part of my message to be written on a sign. Cheers fit this concept perfectly and she's mega cute to boot.


Cheers was coloured with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. The lettering on the sign was done by hand using a black Pitt pen. The image was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted onto black cardstock, and then fussy cut again leaving a narrow black border.


The 6 x 6 background was created with Squeezed Lemonade and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Inks applied with blending tools. Water was both spritzed and flicked onto the background, left a minute, and then covered with a dry paper towel to remove the ink where the water lifted it. A Hero Arts Plaid background stamp was inked up with Orange Blossom Archival Ink and then applied over the Distress Oxide background. I was not going for perfect images just texture. A circle stamp was added using Coffee Archival Ink and splatter dots with Jet Black. Black lines were added with gesso and a gift card edge before Texture |Paste was scraped through a small harlequin design, part of a larger Stamperia stencil.


The border was created by cutting a square of black cardstock the same size as the page. A border was drawn about 3/8 of an inch inside the square, and the inside section was cut away to form a frame. White Posca paint pen was used to hand write the message "mine...all mine" and the border was attached to the page using Scor tape. Several free clip art images of chocolate bars and individual chocolates were fussy cut and collaged together. That way, my little Cheers friend looks like she is standing guard over her yummy stash.

Thanks for joining us today. I'm sorry that Cheers won't share her chocolate with any of us, although I must say I get that! We are talking about chocolate, after all.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: