Monday, December 31, 2018

Stay Close ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio images


Hi everyone! Happy New Year (almost)!I decided to finish off 2018 with another page in my Vera Lane Studio themed art journal. I had printed this wonderful image called Sunny who comes with her very own sun as well as a tulip and a couple of sentiments, and I had my own sentiment that suited her so well. I also had an idea for a simple sunshiny background which I wanted to try out and this bright page was the result.


I coloured Sunny and the sun with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils using  Lagoon  Stickles on her buttons and white Posca Paint Pen dots on her hair and as highlights on the sun. Super simple but cute!


Both images were fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black cardstock, and trimmed out again leaving a narrow black border.


The 6 x 6 inch watercolour paper background was stamped using Versamark ink with a curlicue background stamp (no idea who makes it...it's old like me). Clear embossing powder was sprinkled over the Versamark and then heat set to create a resist.


Carved Pumpkin and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks were applied over the embossed pattern and allowed to dry. Any excess ink was removed from the embossed areas with a dry paper towel. I love how delicate the white pattern looks and how it shines and catches the light. Checkerboard washi tape was adhered to white cardstock strips and added as a border around the page.


The sentiment was printed onto white cardstock, cut into sections and matted with black before being adhered in a staggered format next to Sunny. The only other finishing touch was to outline next to the washi frame to help it stand out even more next to the yellow.

Thanks for visiting today. Sunny and I appreciate that and we both hope you have a wonderful New Year's and a stellar 2019. We appreciate your support!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: