Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Really, I would ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Yesterday I wanted something to make me laugh while I played so I combined this sweet Vera Lane Studio image called Miss Sassy Pants with a saying that reminds me of something I do with my husband. I will say something like "I would walk through torrential rains to get that for you...well, maybe not torrential rains but if it was sprinkling...as long as I had an umbrella...and it wasn't too far"...you get the idea. It always makes us both laugh. Anyway, that's the look on this Miss Sassy Pants' face as she reconsiders her rash statements. Or so I imagine!


I coloured Miss Sassy Pants with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, cut her out with my usual double border of black and white, and added a little sparkly star in her wild and wonderful hair. I added a little extra linework to her dress and stockings with black Pitt pen and set her aside while I played with the background. She was fine with that :)


I was going for the colours of fire to suit the saying so I applied Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick Distress Oxide to the page which I then spritzed to move the colour around. After drying it, I applied the colours one at a time to my petite Gel Press rectangle, spritzed with water, and added the colour where I wanted it on the background. Once dry, pattern was added with Brilliance Rocket Red Gold Archival Ink and Wendy Vecchi Open Dots as well as Stampotique Dotted Squares stamps. Jet Black Archival Ink was applied to one of the Studio Light MB11 stamps and Crafty Individuals Script stamp to create more texture here and there. I used some of the off cut harlequin diamonds left over from die cutting a piece for another project to create clusters. Fired Brick Oxide was applied with a water brush to the right of each diamond to create depth.


 I die cut a scalloped border piece from black cardstock which was divided into two segments, one for each page. I like how that creates unity and helps with flow. White paint pen dots were added to echo the design of one of two washi tapes. These two were layered under Sassy to ground her and then repeated on the opposite page again to tie things together.


The sentiment was printed onto white cardstock, torn around, and matted with black cardstock to help it stand out against the busy background. To add another bit of white to the background as well as some bigger shapes to contrast with all the tiny stamping, white chalk paint was added using a bottle lid as a stamp. These didn't show up as well as I had hoped so I added Neocolor II crayon applied with a water brush to shade inside the white rings and charcoal applied with a blending stump to the outside of them. The finishing touches to the page were a doodled border around the outside and edging with black Big Brush Pen, both of which helped to frame the spread.

Thanks for popping by today. Miss Sassy Pants and I are delighted you did. Mission accomplished in that this page makes me laugh. I hope it does the same for you. Be sure to check out the other amazing digital images in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop and pop by the VLS Facebook group where there is a ton of inspiration from the DT and the rest of that wonderful community.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: