Monday, August 13, 2012

CYP challenge 123 Gone Buggy


It's Monday so you know what that means....a new challenge at Craft Your Passion. The theme this week is Gone Buggy so we want to see a bug in your image.

Oh my goodness, this sweet little digital image from one of our sponsors,  Bugaboo Stamps,  just tugs at my heartstrings. She is so sweet:)  I coloured her up with Prismacolor Pencils using a little OMS to blend. White gel pen touches along with a little glitter pen add highlights. Next the image was cut with a die, inked on the edges, and given a doodled border with a Micron pen.



The ladybug background paper came from TPC Studio's Bugs and Butterflies Stack. It was trimmed shorter than the black cardstock to accommodate the punched scallop edge and the sentiment banner. A length of baker's twine covered the seam where the scallop met the paper.

The sentiment was written on the computer and coloured in with Micron pen. I glued a  black rectangle behind the image piece and the card was finished. I think I'll be using this little cutie again and again. She has so much to say!

Thanks for visiting! Take some time to stop and visit with the ladybugs. And be sure to check out the fun Gone Buggy projects featured on the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog created by the rest of the DT. A-dor-able! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for this fun challenge. Be sure to link up for the opportunity to win a great prize from our sponsors.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

4 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so sweet. Lovely image.
LG Michelle

~ginny said...

Bonnie - I love looking at your cards and reading your posts and comments... you are always such a positive person! There are a lot of interesting details in this "buggy" card - but the one I like best is the doodled border you have hand drawn. That is one of the extra touches that just make your card for me.
I have added you to my Google Reader so I can follow your posts!
Stampe Diem!
~ginny

ParkNSlide said...

Your little bug is precious. Love the background paper. There's a Bug ATC swap over on SCS---hint, hint.

Cathy Dineen said...

I love the paper with the image! :)