Friday, August 10, 2012

Smile tag



Lately, I've been obsessed with trying new colouring techniques  and this week it's colouring on kraft. It's very different from colouring on white cardstock. First of all, you need to undercoat to keep the colours true. Secondly, there's more texture and tooth to the page. I love the results though, so it's worth the extra layer. The blending is easier, also. I could have used OMS on this tag but I chose not to...call it an experiment :)




Meljen's challenge theme this week is tags so I decided to use this as a vehicle for my mad scientist (mad colourist?) session. I printed two Meljen's Designs digis on kraft and coloured them with my Prismacolor pencils after first colouring everything with white. I touched up the black ink with my Micron pen and added a few black flat back pearls on antennae, the dot on the i and one ladybug's head. Baker's twine separated the two stamps and tied up the ribbon at the top of the tag. Distress ink darkened the edges to frame it up.



Definitely a fun tag to colour. Next I want to try a face on kraft. I know ...I'm just a wild woman. LOL I'm entering this tag into the Meljen's tag challenge. Come and play along.

Thanks for dropping by. You know I appreciate that :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

4 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

The coloring is yummy. Love the whimsical images---so playful. I must try the kraft paper.

Robbie said...

This is stunning! Love the vivid colors and your coloring on the craft. Fabulous. Thank You for sharing your creative tag with us at MelJens.

Carrie said...

awesome tag and love the coloring technique. I am playing with Tim Holtz distress markers and ink pads lately. Love trying anything new.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this little CAS tag!You do coloration so perfectly and precise! What a fun one!