Friday, August 17, 2012

Two more PAT atcs



I'm swapping in a Pick-a-theme atc swap over at Split Coast Stampers so I thought I'd show you two more of my creations. In PAT swaps, each person choses a theme and the rest of the group makes her atcs following that theme. So fun...I create atcs in themes I never would have thought of and often outside the little comfort zone.

The first atc fits the theme Love Letters. In this one, I imagined that the lady had just read or perhaps re-read letters from her sweetheart and was composing her love letter to send back. The image is from the Internet. The letters I wrote using a teeny font and lots of mushy. The envelope is a folded piece of vellum and the hearts were punched.




The second atc was created for the theme, Dr. Seuss, who is one of my favourite authors. I chose the book, The Lorax, to illustrate this theme. The image is a fussy cut Internet image. The background is watercoloured with my Neocolor II crayons. The tree trunks are hand doodled and fussy cut and the tops of the truffula trees are pompoms with sparkly bits in them. The letters are stickers which spell lorax and the quote is computer generated but comes from the book.

I hope my swapmates like these. I know I do :)
Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to the art store for MORE Prismas. Could be dangerous :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

2 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

It's amazing how many elements can come together on one 2.5 x 3.5'" card. Your love letter ATC is wonderful and the polka dot background and the hearts tie it all together.

Love the whimsy of your Dr. Suess piece. Any Lorax would love your spectacular trees.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love love love!!!! What a fun swap idea! Both of these are fabulous! They will be loved!