Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Red Riding Hood ~ Sweet Pea Stamps ATB


Hi everyone. I haven't made an altered trading block (ATB) for a little while and I still had some blanks which I had purchased from Joggles. As soon as I spotted these adorable Red Riding Hood images from Ching-Chou Kuik at Sweet Pea Stamps, I just knew that they would be awesome for this project. The image is called Plate 65 and is a bit of a departure from her other images. Same sweet faces, though!


I coloured each of the four images with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. They were delightful to colour. I think I might have to do a domino book with them soon. Once coloured they were each fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted them with black cardstock. I wanted them to pop against the background and this usually does the trick.


The block, from Joggles, comes in two pieces cut from white mat board and scored where necessary. I spritzed the two sections with Bachelor Button Blue, yellow Rose of Texas, and Freaky Frankenlime Lindy's Starburst Sprays. The shimmer from the mica is yummy. I edged all sides of both pieces with Permanent Green Olive Big Brush pen. Each face was then edged with two shades of blue Gelatos to act as a frame. Hero Arts Painted Circle was stamped on each face with Jet Black Archival. Joggles Sparks stamp and splatter dots were added with Forget-Me-Not Archival ink.


The four little Red Riding Hoods were added to the side faces along with a die cut branch, fence, or grass. Three of these were cut from green and black cardstock and then layered to create a shadow. It also allowed the green to be seen more easily. Once each sweetie was placed, black embossing paste was scraped through TCW's Halftone Borders stencil with a palette knife.


One of the sentiments that comes with these images was used to create the title on the top face of the block. It was printed on white cardstock, torn around, and matted with a torn layer of black. A wooden hand cutout was inked black and added with a tiny blue gem for a cufflink. A small wooden house was sprayed with the same Starburst spray used before and it was added with Patina Stickles squeezed into the heart cutout.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I had so much fun creating this ATB and colouring these sweet Little Red Riding Hood images from Ching-Chou Kuik. If you head over to Sweet Pea Stamps, you can find this one plus check out all of the other fabulous images by her as well as the other talented artists. I'd love to see what you create!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: