Sunday, June 21, 2015

TEW Facebook Contest ~ Step Away from the DP


Hi everyone. Today marks the beginning of a brand new Facebook Contest on The East Wind Facebook group. The challenge this time is Step Away from the DP (no designer paper) which for some will be a piece of cake and for others, more difficult. Because I do so much mixed media, I often create without using designer paper like I did with this project.


I chose Lucy Loo Punk Will Never Die to be the star of my art journal page. I coloured her with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and then did the usual fussy cutting leaving a narrow white border. Instead of matting her with black and trimming around her, I left the entire rectangle, no trimming, so that it could become a design element.


The background began as a rectangle of mixed media paper on which I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang's Hottie Patottie Hot Pink ink spray. Once dry, I sponged Magenta Archival ink through TCW's Triangle stencil and then used the same ink on a text stamp by Joggles. jet Black Archival was sponged through TCW's Tiny Circles stencil. before the image piece was adhered to the background, two doilies were cut in half and the parts were used behind it and in the top right corner. A small circle was punched from black cardstock and used to fill in the center of two doily halves. A small die cut bracket was layered over the two doilies on the left side. Another pop of black was added in the form of a punched scallop border.


The sentiment, one of my favourite things to say to my husband, was computer generated and printed on white cardstock using purple ink. The two segments were matted in black and a row of enamel heart stickers were added between to connect them. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the outside of the mixed media paper and then it was double matted with hot pink and black cardstock to frame it and finish off the page.

Thanks for visiting Lucy Loo and me today. Your company was on our Want List and you gave it to us! To see other projects for this Facebook Contest, and to enter yourselves, please visit The East Wind Facebook group. We would love to have you play along with us.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This so epically awesome! Gorgeous colouring! xx