Thursday, July 14, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure Week # 27 ~ Stars


Hi everyone! It's another hot and humid day here so I squeezed in some playtime in my Joggles Art Journal Adventure book. The theme Barb chose for Week 27 was to feature stars...not a hardship for me since they are one of my favourite shapes both in my art and in my home decor. She also started off with a colour palette that is often my go-to: pink and orange, black, and white.


I spritzed the background of my page with Hag's Wart Orange and Hottie Patottie Hot Pink Lindy's Starburst Sprays.and let it dry a little until the puddles were gone. Then I placed Joggles Starlight stencil over top and spritzed through the openings with Hi Maintenance Magenta Lindy's Starburst Spray. Dina Wakley Grungy Stars stamps were stamped onto white cardstock with Versamark ink and then sprinkled with black embossing powder and heat set. They were fussy cut and edged with Black Big Brush Pen to frame them and get rid of the white. They were then adhered to the page with Scotch Quick Drying Tacky Glue.


More tiny stars were created on the page by scraping Texture paste through the star portion of the Joggles Punchinella Quintet stencil. They picked up some of the background sprays making them very subtle which I love.


On several of the 3/4 inch round Sticky Snippets, Jet Black Archival Ink was used to stamp a bulls-eye pattern (it's actually a flower center stamp...shh...don't tell). The Sticky Snippets were then peeled off the backing and scattered across the page. Black pen was used to outline them as well as the stars. Black Paint Pen was used to create small dots around the circles. Black Marble Dylusions paint was used to create lines using a gift card. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the page and create a bit of a frame. The letter for the word, Shine, were Idea-ology Ransom Alpha Parts which were adhered to the page with Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue. White paint pen dots were added to the bottom of each letter.

Thanks for stopping by today. As much as this week's prompt was within my comfort zone, next week's prompt is so far out of it, it's on another planet. I can't wait to tackle it. If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's not too late. You can join in at any point and we'd love to have you join our fabulous AJA Facebook group as well. It's an awesome group filled with creative and supportive people who share the same enthusiasm for this adventure.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: