Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Little Snowmen Book


Hi everyone! Long time, no write! Between being sick for over a month and having some projects to finish which can't be shared yet, I've had very little time to create things I can post. I purchased a whole bunch of sweet snowmen images from Sassy Cheryl's and have been itching to get at them. Snowmen just make me smile! In an effort to use up things from my stash, I decided to do a little mini album featuring these little guys. The chipboard album is 4.25 inches high at the largest point and 3.25 inches at the widest point. It's shaped like a label and was fastened together with a chain but I plan to change that to a binder ring. Above is the cover of the album with Sassy Cheryl's image called Snowman Parts which I thought was the ideal image for the beginning :)


I began by coating both sides of the chipboard shapes with absorbent ground because I knew that I wanted to use sprays and gesso doesn't react well with spray inks. Once dry, I spritzed each side with a combination of two blue spray inks...either Lindy's Starburst Sprays or Heidi Swapp Color Shine. Then Ranger Texture paste was scraped through stencils and once dry, brushed lightly with white acrylic paint to brighten them in places. The Texture Paste absorbs some of the colour from the sprays so the white returns it to the original colour of the paste. A little stamping with Jet Black Archival Ink and various background stamps added more pattern. The photo above is the first page inside the book and features one of Sassy Cheryl's retired images called Man's Best Friend. Don't despair though because there are a whole bunch of other cute snowman images from which to choose.


The images were fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted with black card stock to frame them. Single words from Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers were matted with black and added to each page to coordinate with each image. Die cut white snowflakes were also added to complete each page. The image above is the second inside page and features the adorable Sassy Cheryl's image called Blinkie's Snowday Dreaming. I love his sweet smile and little friend hopping around beside him.


This is the third inside page and features Sassy Cheryl's image called Admiring the Star. I see him as making a wish upon the first star he sees tonight. On some of the backgrounds, I have outlined part of the Texture Paste stencilled shapes with black pen. On this one, I used an Inktense pencil activated with water. Who knows what I will do next time...LOL

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with my little snowman friends and me. We all appreciate that and hope that you will come back to see the rest of the book and Sassy Cheryl's sweet snowmen. I'm loving this little project!

Life is good; so is art...and snowmen!
Bonnie

No comments: