Monday, May 14, 2018

Joggles Art Journal Adventure - Week 20 - the letter R


Hi everyone! Once again, it's my turn again to choose the prompt for the 2018 Art Journal Adventure. For Week 20, I have chosen the theme, the letter R.  For my R page, I chose the word Real and the passage from the book, The Velveteen Rabbit, one of my favourite stories. I was working on the back of the kraft coloured journal page from my previous AJA page but I knew that I wanted to use a copied page from the book which I found on the Internet.


For the rabbit image, I used Coffee Archival Ink to stamp one of the Crowned Bunny images by Crafty Individuals onto white cardstock. I added a little colour to him using Inktense Pencils activated with a water brush. He was then fussy cut and accented with black pen as well as Yellow Stickles on his crown. A length of green checked washi tape was used to indicate the ground level. Leaves and one of the flowers from Bo Bunny Flower Garden stamp set were used to add a little interest next to Mr. Bunny. The flower head was stamped onto white cardstock, coloured with pencil, and then sparkled up with Cinnamon and Yellow Stickkles. The leaves were stamped directly onto the background , coloured with green pencil, and outlined with black pen.


Two more pieces of the same washi tape were added to the top left corner of the page and another Bo Bunny flower from the same set was stamped onto white cardstock. It was fussy cut, coloured with pencils, and given a Yellow Stickles center. Two circle stamps from a Bokeh Dot set by Essentials by Ellen were stamped in a few places over the text using Jet Black Archival to add interest to the "book page". A tiny butterfly was punched from mop-up paper, edged with Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink, and given a Cinnamon Stickles body. The butterfly was adhered near the top where Mr. Bunny was looking. Because the page theme is R is for Real, that word was underlined with Turquoise Gel Pen and the phrase You are Real was traced over for emphasis.


I wanted the background to be softly tinted so the sky area was coloured with both Pthalo Blue Tint and Turquoise Pan Pastels. The grass area was tinted with Permanent Green and Permanent Green Shade Pan Pastels. I had difficulty capturing the tinting in my photos ...it's more evident IRL. I also went back and added two tiny pieces of turquoise washi tape under the greeen checked washi below Mr. Bunny. That continued the diagonal line of turquoise elements which starts at the upper left flower and moves through the underlined word to the bottom right corner of the page. This trick really helps the eye move through the page. Before the background was adhered to the kraft substrate, black and white striped washi tape was added to the outside edges of the page to form a playful little border, framing the page.

Thanks for stopping by today. Mr. Bunny and I both appreciate that :) You can see how others in the Art Journal Adventure Facebook group respond to the Week 20 prompt, the letter R. It's always inspiring to see what the talented and creative folks do each week.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: