Monday, May 21, 2018

Joggles Art Journal Adventure - Week 21 - the number 5


Hi everyone. It's Week 21 of Joggles Art Journal Adventure and this week, Barb has chosen the prompt , the number 5. There is also and Optional Twist for this one: Add dots in at least 3 places. When I saw this prompt I immediately thought of a hand with its five fingers and remembered that I had the fabulous Joggles Mehndi Hands Collage sheet in my stash. I love the intricate designs on these black and white images...colouring them is so fun.


The background is one of the skinny pages (4 x 6 inches) from my Joggles Disc Bound journal which turned out to be a wonderful size for the largest Mehndi Hands image. I had been spritzing another background with Yellow Rose of Texas, Marigold Yellow Orange, and California Poppy Gold Lindy's Starburst Sprays so I used the 4 x 6 inch watercolour page to mop up the over spray on my nonstick craft sheet. I usually do this on scrap cardstock anyway so I don't waste all that yummy colour and shimmer. This time I soaked it up with the actual journal page. Rusty Hinge Distress Ink was applied to the edges of the page to darken them and provide a bit of a frame.


Generally, I wait until my page is almost finished before I add a doodled border but I needed the page free and clear of obstructions to stamp the number 5 five times so I did that with Jet Black Archival Ink and then doodled the connecting lines before adding anything else to the page.


The Mehndi Hand I chose to feature was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and them matted with black cardstock which was fussy cut again. I used Sharpies to colour in the design since the tips of those would fit more easily into the small areas. Before adhering the hand with foam tape to add dimension and natural shadow, a heart was stamped onto white cardstock, using one of the Carabelle Studio Hearts and Pebbles stamps and Jet Black Archival Ink. The heart was fussy cut and inked around the edges with Coffee Archival Ink. A small black punched heart was adhered to the center and a white paint pen dot added to that as one of my three places where I added dots to the design. The heart was adhered flat to the page nestled into the hand which was popped up.


The wording was printed onto white cardstock, cut into sections, and matted with black. Foam tape was used to attach the sentiment to the page. To finish off the Optional Twist, white paint pen dots were also added to the finger tips as well as to the center of each stamped 5.

Thanks for stopping by today to see my take on the number 5 AJA prompt with the Optional Twist of adding dots in at least 3 places. To check out what others in our Joggles Art Journal Adventure Facebook group create in response to this prompt, be sure to pop by the FB group throughout the next several weeks. It's not too late to join us on our weekly adventure and there is no pressure to catch up or keep up. We just enjoy creating art and appreciating the art of others.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: