Monday, May 13, 2019

Joggles Art Journal \adventure ~ Week 19 ~ Celebrating the Invention of the Camera


Hi everyone! It's Week 19 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure. May is National Photograph month where we celebrate the invention of the camera and those wonderful photos which can instantly take us back to a moment in time. I went with a collaged page this time because I wanted to include this fabulous photo of my mom and dad taken when they were in their late teens...just before Dad went overseas with the Air Force for WWII.


When working on this page, I noticed something I hadn't before even though I have seen this photo many times...there's a camera in Dad's right hand which I thought made this photo especially apropos for this week's prompt.


I used a piece of  Stamperia scrapbooking paper from the Clockwise pad as my background. I was able to find a vintage ad for a Kodak camera online which I sized and darkened the edges of with Coffee Archival Ink. Two word embellies from another scrapbook page, Memories and Smile, were fussy cut, matted with black, and added to the collage.


I had a digital stamp of a camera in The Traveler set from Vera Lane Studio so I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and added Red Stickles for the shiny lights. It was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black, and fussy cut leaving a narrow black border before being popped up on foam tape. A small amber coloured see-through sticker which I have had FOREVER was added to the background above the camera. Because it's domed, the wording appears slightly distorted which I love and the amber colour says aged to me.


I found a fabulous saying about photos which I printed onto white cardstock and die cut into tickets. These were edged and grunged up with Coffee Archival Ink and overlapped near the top left of the photo. The outside edges of the background were inked with Coffee Archival and then black Big Brush Pen before it was matted with the black page for my journal. Outlining and a simple black border were added with black pen to finish the page.

Thanks for joining the three of us today. It made me very happy to include this photo in my art journal and to share it with you as well. I'm excited to see how others in our Joggles Art Journal Adventure Facebook group respond to this camera/photograph prompt. We would love it if you joined us :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: